Message boards : Number crunching : Please note: this project rarely has work
Message board moderation

To post messages, you must log in.

Previous · 1 . . . 4 · 5 · 6 · 7

AuthorMessage
Profile MAGIC Quantum Mechanic
Avatar

Send message
Joined: 24 Oct 04
Posts: 968
Credit: 40,945,581
RAC: 827
Message 22735 - Posted: 22 Apr 2011, 20:29:04 UTC
Last modified: 22 Apr 2011, 20:30:25 UTC

Funny how this always works here.

My quad-core got 14 WUs and finished them but my 2 triple-core machines didnt get
one single WU at all.

If they would just send the same amount to each of mine we wouldnt always have

thousands that arent finished for months.


Volunteer Mad Scientist For Life
ID: 22735 · Report as offensive     Reply Quote
Vitiello Marco

Send message
Joined: 4 Aug 07
Posts: 8
Credit: 1,905,382
RAC: 969
Message 22737 - Posted: 22 Apr 2011, 21:41:53 UTC - in response to Message 22734.  

I recived only 2 WU\'s on the Quad-Core e no one on the Dual-Core :(

i only have LHC@Home installed on my work PC. this morning i came into work and got into my usual routine.

I suggest you to add another Project like WCG for scientific and medical purpose.
ID: 22737 · Report as offensive     Reply Quote
Sunny129
Avatar

Send message
Joined: 12 Dec 05
Posts: 31
Credit: 9,709,398
RAC: 0
Message 22738 - Posted: 23 Apr 2011, 13:53:14 UTC - in response to Message 22737.  

I suggest you to add another Project like WCG for scientific and medical purpose.

yes, technically lots of CPU cycles get watsed on my work PC b/c LGC@Home is the only project i crunch on it. but this is intentional. i have two other DC rigs at home, one of which crunches a mix of E@H, MW@H, and S@H, and the other crunches a mix of just E@H and S@H. i also used to run LHC@Home on both of my home PC\\\\\\\'s...but due to BOINC scheduling conflicts that i cannot override no matter how much i play with each project\\\\\\\'s resource sharing, i could not get LHC to run properly while sharing resources with other projects. specifically, i had 90% of my resources devoted to LHC and the other 10% split between all my other projects just to make sure LHC gets the attention it needs when work finally becomes available once in a blue moon. yet still BOINC\\\\\\\'s tendency is to make any LHC work wait while my E@H tasks run in high priority mode...and so neither of my home PC\\\'s ever gets around to crunching the LHC tasks.

hence i\\\\\\\'ve resolved to run LHC by itself on my work PC, which i originally never had plans to use for DC projects anyways. but this way it gets LHC work when its available, and b/c no other projects are being run on that same machine, all the LHC work gets done in a timely fashion.
ID: 22738 · Report as offensive     Reply Quote
Previous · 1 . . . 4 · 5 · 6 · 7

Message boards : Number crunching : Please note: this project rarely has work


©2020 CERN